The Coronial Finding in to the death of Jorge Castillo-Riffo is an important occupational health and safety (OHS) document. It discusses, amongst other matters,
- A curious attitude from SafeWorkSA
- The role of Safe Work Method Statements and risk assessments
- Using the right plant for the right task
- Contractual relationships
- Construction methodology.
More issues than these are raised in the Finding and I urge all OHS people to read the document and reflect on the OHS management in their workplaces.